Oh,there comes a time when almost everyone has a special event. Whether it’s a wedding, engagement, baby shower, 50th birthday celebration, product launch or workshop. Unless you have a garage filled with props and rentals, which most us of don’t have, you will have to enlist the services of a professional event or party rental company.
One of the most important things with working with an event and party rental company is to have a clear vision of your event. This means the look and feel that you want to acquire. Provide a photo of the look that you envision is very helpful to the rental company.
We all have great ideas and visions about our event, however one thing that will drive getting the look and feel of your event is your budget. You need to set a realistic budget for rentals. If you don’t know the costs, give your rental company a call to get to get an idea about costs. This way you can plan your budget,and you’re not surprised when you receive your invoice.
In talking with Steve from A Party Place, he shared some additional tips that will not only you help get the look and feel that you envision for your event, but will also the rental company provide you with a great customer experience.
- Create a budget for each category for your event
- Provide venue location and time.
- Provide a floor plan.
- Make the rental company aware if there are stairs.
- Name and telephone number of contact person on site.
- Provide delivery and pick up time.There maybe an additional charge for same day or next day pick-up, especially on holidays and weekends.
- Provide guest count.
- Provide information for special equipment needs.
- Have someone on site to check in rentals when delivered and picked up.
- Always allot for damages in your budget-it will occur.
And above all send “A Thank You” note to your rental company. This is so appropriate, especially if you have received exceptional service.